Our business success depends on engaged and motivated colleagues. We want to create a great working environment and aim to attract, retain and develop the best talent.
We do this through offering competitive reward packages, investing in colleagues’ skills and knowledge and ensuring that they have the right tools and resources they need to make their contributions effective.
We are a business based on building deep and lasting relationships with our customers through the efforts of our colleagues. We need them to be strong advocates of the Group, as their interactions with customers will influence how customers see us. Creating a great place to work is therefore a core priority for the Group, and it is key to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent.
Angie Risley, Group HR Director and Chair of the Corporate Responsibility Steering Group.
Our approach is centred on driving colleague engagement. We achieve this in a number of ways:
- We ensure that our colleagues feel valued, and recognise and reward their efforts.
- We take into account their personal circumstances and offer them a flexible approach to work-life balance.
- We give our colleagues the right tools to carry out their jobs and adequate opportunities for learning and development.
- We create a positive working environment that reflects the diversity of our colleagues.
- We track colleague engagement through a quarterly survey.
- Lloyds TSB was named by the charity Working Families as one of the UK’s Top 20 employers for working parents in 2009.
- 82% of colleagues said they had a clear understanding of the goals of Lloyds Banking Group.
- 89% of colleagues said they have a very clear idea of their job responsibilities.
- In 2009 we won two Industry awards for our benefits provision, including Most Effective Use of a Voluntary Benefits Plan and Most Effective All Employee Share Scheme Strategy.